111279Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: G28 trouble

    Aug 1, 2009
      Ahh... true but I would say that is not a good thing to tell the
      others.. If you are not at x1 and y1 it will move to that "intermediate
      " position before it homes. A MUCH better way would be to do it in Inc mode

      G91 G28 X0 Y0 Z1.0
      G90

      This will pick up the Z one unit (thinking we are in inch here) and then
      will take the Z X and Y to the home position.

      Terry Parker wrote:
      > Then you are not following the fanuc convention ????
      >
      > IF you are at X1 Y1 and Z-1 and you want to go to home
      >
      > THe G28 XZ1Y1 Z1 should take you home safely.
      >
      > Z should retract up to the Z1 then a straight traverse to HOME on all axis
      >
      > Just a thought, (;-) TP

    • Show all 44 messages in this topic