Re: 50hp Mercury

  • kevinmeylor
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2005
      Hi Brian,

      Thanks. I appreciate the effort and it soudns like exactly what I'd
      like to see. Only problem is the photos never came through. Could
      you resend to me directly? Or maybe post in the files section?

      Thanks a ton!

      Kevin

      --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Kotrich"
      <zen@z...> wrote:
      > Hi Kevin,
      >
      > Here are some pictures I took this morning. You will note the
      ballast gate valve is removed. It was in the way, so I have a couple
      new valves on order, and I'll rig it back up somehow. I recall a
      picture on the yahoo group site where someone else had their's
      reconfigured.

      > Let me know if these show what you want. Good luck on your
      mounting. Incidentally I put lag bolts on the bottom and ended up
      drilling all the way through the transom. It's sealed up with 5200
      and will be OK unless I hit a big rock under power or something.
      Also I mounted the motor as low as possible, so the trim tab is 2 or
      3 inches below the bottom of the boat - I'm told the normal mount is
      even with the lowest point on the stern. But that's OK too...or so
      one boat mechanic told me. Let me know if you have the same problems.

      > Regards,
      >
      > Brian

      Lowrance
      > M68c,
      > > I'm probably do separate electronic components instead of one
      do it
      > all
      > > unit. I'm bidding on the Navman4200 on ebay that can monitor
      fuel
      > with
      > > an additonal part. I'll buy a tillerpilot or pull the one from
      my
      > 26d.
      > > It's unending so far.
      > >
      > > How much are you paying to have someone mount the 50hp
      Johnson?