Re: 25hp averaging 11 to 12 mph

  • eo_ant
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 22, 2005
      Brian,

      You've probably looked into this already, but just in case you
      haven't. I little while ago I read an article in "Boating" magazine
      that was comparing the newer 2 stroke outboards with the 4 stroke
      ones, and it made the new 2 strokes sound pretty good. They have
      changed the design so that they meet the newer and more restrictive
      environmental regulations, they are lighter than the 4 stroke motors,
      some them get almost as much mileage, and they are quieter than the
      older 2 strokes.

      If I was in the market right now for a outboard, I would look into
      some of these new 2 stroke designs. They are supposedly quite an
      improvement over the older 2 stroke motors in performance, mileage,
      and noise.

      Eric

      --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "medrich310" <zen@z...>

    • fischer@optidynamic.com
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 24, 2005
        My engine has a straight rod and different mounting holes for adjustment.
        You pull the rod out, pick the lowest holes and put the rod thru them. Not
        enought holes.
        fischead