Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Replacing Plastic Bow Cleat

  • astro27go@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
      Hi Nigel, I 've had my 1994 Mac 19 "Windfall" since she was new and haven't had any trouble with the cleats but I would recomend securing the mooring line to the bow eye with a good clip, something like the trailer wench strap has. You'll need to lie prone on the foredeck to hook it  with one hand.  The extra effort would be worth it to eliminate chafing and the boat would ride better.  The mooring line could have a "tail" that could reach the bow deck cleat  from the hook so you could cleat it before hooking the hook to the bow eye. The tail would back up the hook.
           Hope this helps .                      Capt. Randy