Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Dodger

  • Mad_Mac_Mod
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24 10:52 PM
      No dodger here but I got fed up with the hatch. Mine had screws holding it
      in. I replaced the screws with quick release pins from local Country
      Tractor Supply store. The hatch goes in the car with a good weather forcast
      and in the bearth below in iffy weather. It's a bit heavy and awkward so I
      have my girlfriend Bertha do it. (kidding ... 8)

      I would really like to modify it to raise straight up but I think the
      chunningham might get in the way.

      MMM

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 16, 2014
        Yes I have an older one and it works great.
        Barry

        On Mar 16, 2014, at 11:21 AM, jrh65nole@... wrote:

        Does anyone have the dodger from blue water yachts for their Mac 19 and if so how do you like it? It looks like it would increase the amount of headroom below. I wonder if you could sail with it up? - Jody

      • jrh65nole
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 16, 2014
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 17, 2014
            Do you have standing headroom under it? I have seen one Mac 19 with what looks like a dodger attached to a bimini which looked pretty cool.
          • chaloner
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 18, 2014
              Yes I do and I am about 5’8” I have both a bimini that folds forward from the stern and the dodger which folds down forward toward the mast from about mid companionway mounts.
              Barry