Re: Finally, my Mac19's maiden voyage!!!

  • kevinmeylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2005
      Randy, I'll take your suggestion on the WD-40. I think Chris's
      description of the overall behavior is pretty consistent with my
      experience, but I'm guess the extra lubrication will improve it's
      performance overall.

      Chris, I'm especially anxious to see the spacer. My gas-assist tilt
      died a few years back, so we had it welded solid and installed a CBC
      power-tilt between the motor and transom. This moved it back some,
      but I would love to see photos of one further back like on the 26x.
      I'm also curious how it affects performance.

      Regarding weather helm, I am in the process of adding a 2nd battery
      and moving both up to just behind the V-Berth, along with adding a
      larger Plastimo water tank. I figure the extra weight forward will
      help balance the boat a little better. Related to mast rake, how far
      forward can a person go relative to a level boat?

      I'm looking forward to any consensus, as my stock one needs
      reconditioning / replacement this season.

      Regards
      Kevin

      Kevin Meylor
      1993 Macgregor M19