Spreaders

  • Dane Sherrard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
      This is a request for help from a Mac 19 sailor in Scotland:

      Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the little plastic end-pieces
      which keep the spreader cables in place against the spreaders? Finally
      mine have broken (I have had my boat since 1993). I know that once the
      sail is up the tension of the spreader rigging keeps everything in place
      but I would prefer to replace the spreader ends if that is possible.

      Information about where to buy, what to ask for and approximate price
      from anyone who has already done this would be greatly appreciated.

      Many thanks,
      Dane Sherrard
      Mac19 'Olivebank' on Loch Lomond, Scotland.
      --
      This e-mail comes from the Office of the Reverend Doctor H. Dane Sherrard;
      The Parish Churches of Arrochar and Luss;
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
        Dane,

        You can get them at the following link:

        These guys are in Burton, Ohio. I went down to visit them a few months ago, a small outfit, but very helpful.
        The part # is Mac022 for $7.80 (US) each
        They no longer make the plastic ones, these are aluminum.
        You may want to give them a call. I'm not sure if they ship overseas.
        You can also get them at:

        Although they don't have an online catalog yet
        I hope this helps.

        Tom
        '92 19'
        Northeast Ohio

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
          Tom,

          Thank you very much indeed.

          I will be on to the folk you have identified for me at once.

          Best wishes,

          Dane