1993 Mac 19 for sale

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
      Having succumbed to a good deal on a Mac 26X, which doesn't fit
      in my garage or carport, I am putting "Wings" up for sale.

      She is a factory red hull; see older photos in Wings photo album.
      She has cabin and stern rails, swim ladder, IdaSailor tiller,
      halyards led aft, new dual batteries with Perko switch, and new
      electrical panel with battery check gauge and cigarette lighter
      plug, factory main and jib sails, and a used genoa sail from
      Minney's that I haven't tried yet.

      2004 Honda 40 four stroke, BF40A4LHTA lovingly broken in and with 10
      total hours on it. Has tachometer, power trim and tilt gauge and
      hour meter.

      Trailer has new steel belted radial trailer tires and repacked
      bearings. The outer bearings and races were replaced, the inners are
      good. Normal amount of rust. I was going to repaint it this summer
      since I have a slip reserved on our regular sailing lake.

      I can email current photos if interested. Asking $9,500 since the
      new motor cost me $5,500.

      Tim Gallagher
      Corvallis, OR
      541-745-9053
    • Dane Sherrard
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
        This is a request for help from a Mac 19 sailor in Scotland:

        Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the little plastic end-pieces
        which keep the spreader cables in place against the spreaders? Finally
        mine have broken (I have had my boat since 1993). I know that once the
        sail is up the tension of the spreader rigging keeps everything in place
        but I would prefer to replace the spreader ends if that is possible.

        Information about where to buy, what to ask for and approximate price
        from anyone who has already done this would be greatly appreciated.

        Many thanks,
        Dane Sherrard
        Mac19 'Olivebank' on Loch Lomond, Scotland.
        --
        This e-mail comes from the Office of the Reverend Doctor H. Dane Sherrard;
        The Parish Churches of Arrochar and Luss;
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
          Dane,

          You can get them at the following link:

          These guys are in Burton, Ohio. I went down to visit them a few months ago, a small outfit, but very helpful.
          The part # is Mac022 for $7.80 (US) each
          They no longer make the plastic ones, these are aluminum.
          You may want to give them a call. I'm not sure if they ship overseas.
          You can also get them at:

          Although they don't have an online catalog yet
          I hope this helps.

          Tom
          '92 19'
          Northeast Ohio

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
            Tom,

            Thank you very much indeed.

            I will be on to the folk you have identified for me at once.

            Best wishes,

            Dane