member info

  • Mike Fortuna
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004
      Just thought of something. If any of you are interested in sailing
      with other M19 owners living or visiting near you and you don't
      have your location listed under your Yahoo Profile, take a minute
      and add it. I ended up getting my boat because I looked up
      Randy, who lives an hour or so away, and was so impressed by
      his boat that I bought mine and started this group. He and I still
      often sail together on either his boat or mine. Half the work and
      twice the fun.

      Now I keep wondering why no one but Macgregor, (in the US
      anyway -I've heard there is a similar German boat), has a similar
      power sailing water ballast boat. I still think the 26 is too big and
      heavy with too much freeboard, but maybe a lightweight 23 with
      reasonable headroom might be appealing. Probably not
      happen since Macgregor cancelled the 19 when Harvard MBA
      Roger Macgregor realized the 26 only cost him $500 more to
      build than the 19 and he could sell it for $5000 more!
    • Rigamarol
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2013
        I'm in Cincinnati and just purchased my 19. Hoping to get it out this spring to find all the issues that come with a 20 year old boat!