100 members + Mac 19 wanted-East Coast

  • Mike Fortuna
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004
      Wow. We're up to 100 members. Only 900 or so Mac 19 owners
      hiding out there. Went sailing with Randy (Astro) Zerbe last night
      and forgot to check my checklist item for a charged battery. It
      was dead because I'd left a light on by mistake. Then the
      predicted wind of 10-20 died so we ended up getting some
      exercise paddling my 19 around and enjoying the water anyway.
      Hope that won't be the last sail of the season.

      Here's an email I received about wanting to buy a 19. Paul's in
      VA so west coast is probably not reasonable but if any of you
      have some good reason to want to sell your 19, contact him at
      one of the two emails below. I told him I really didn't want to sell
      mine but if someone offered me $10,000 I'd consider it (and look
      for another one over the winter).

      The boat I found in CA the man wanted $6000. It's the
      one still listed from Livermore, CA. The ship charges were going
      to be
      around $2000. The NADA boat value low retail is $5000 and high
      retail is
      $6250 for a 1993 model. It turned out the CA boat was a 1992
      not 93 as
      advertised. I don't think that matters much but anyway. $10,000 is
      definitely more than I wanted to spend. The 26's are showing up
      from 12000
      up. One in Kansas was just offered for 12000. If you
      know anyone wanting to sell, please have them get in contact
      with me. I
      appreciate your time and effort. I'm looking forward to getting into
      sailing
      with my son.
      Later
      Paul Fischer