impeller replacement on Tohatsu 40hp?

  • mandolin2k
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
      I am considering doing the water pump / impeller, service /
      replacement work myself. Don't have any prior experience working on
      these things, anyone have an opinion on whether this is to be
      undertaken by the average joe?
      Any experience to share here?
      TIA
    • mandolin2k
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2004
        Project complete, Replacing the impeller is not a hard job at all!
        Total cost - $100 including factory kit, and a new shop manual for
        the motor. Savings - probably about $150-200 by doing it myself.
        Weather is beautiful in Jacksonville right now, about 80 degrees,
        winds 10-12mph, should be this way for a while.
        Going down to the river tomorrow!
        Happy Sails,
        Jeff Pierson
      • Dave Riordan
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2004
          You're killing me here. Lake Winnipesauke in NH where
          I'll be sailing this year still has about two feet of
          ice on it! Maybe I should trailer down to Jax!!

          Dave
          1994 M-19
          "Fusion"

          http://search.yahoo.com