Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Re: Selling my 19

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2004
      Glen,
      if you haven't listed your boat on Ebay yet, consider
      going to a credit union and just borrowing against the
      boat for several months. I used to be a boat dealer
      and believe me, even if you're in a warm climate,
      you'll get at least 25% more for the boat in the
      spring. Paying $50 or so on loan interest may earn you
      $2-3000 more in a final price. If you'll go to our
      files section and look at the list of boat sale sites,
      you'll find lots of places where you can list the boat
      for free and I'd start it at $5500 or more. You can
      always take a lower offer. Ebay fees are substantial
      and their boat prices off season are usually poor. I
      forgot where you're located but leave ads on bulletin
      boards at the yacht clubs and marinas near you that
      have sailboats. Another thought. I do business
      brokerage now and if you find a business near you that
      may be for sale, let me know and we can both make a
      commission so you can keep the boat. good luck, Mike

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • giandubin@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2004
        Mike,
        I am not selling Jersey Girl.  I just figured out what to name her.  Even my wife enjoys going out sailing!  So lets review.  I got a nice sailboat, a nice motor boat,  I live in one the the worlds most beautiful places to sail and motor, and my wife has fun with the boat too.  This sounds like a winning combination.
        I did however do just what you suggested, through the credit union, took out a loan on the boat...$125.00 a month out of my paycheck, I dont feel it, the cash is still in my pocket for upgrades and mods.

        Glenn
        Jersey Girl