Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Double Macs

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 23, 2003
      Mike,
      Wow! You sound like an ad for Macgregor. Maybe they
      could use your story commercially and at least give
      you some accessories in trade or just money!!Now all
      you need is a Mac 65 for some longer ocean style trips
      and a Mac 36 Cat for speedy sailing.
      We'll just call you the Morman Sailor. If you were
      polygamous, you could have one wife in LA and another
      in SB. Maybe having two boats is much simpler than two
      wives.

      Reminds me of an old Alex Guiness movie comedy, maybe
      called Captain's Paradise. He was Captain of a ship
      sailing from Gibralter to Africa across the straits
      and had a demure British wife in Gibraltar and a wild
      Spanish bride in whatever country was S. of the
      Straits of Gibraltar. Can't remember the exact ending
      but I think the wives switched roles and drove him
      somewhat crazy, changing his "Paradise" into a living
      Hell.

      So how does the Mac 19 handle the ocean surf on light
      wind days? Those of us in winter climates envy you if
      you're still sailing. I used to be a Hobie dealer and
      helped my son get a job working for Hobie in Oceanside
      and he's always sending me photos of some of his
      "tough" job duties testing some of their products like
      their tri hydrofoiler, surfboards, etc.

      Happy holidays to all and looking forward to some
      early sailing. Mike

      --- "Schuyler D. Scribner" <scribner@...>

      http://photos.yahoo.com/