Re: New Member

  • Randy Zerbe
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 2002
      --- In macgregor19sailboats@y..., "lussdane" <dane@c...> wrote:
      > Hi! I am a new member - possibly your first new member from
      Scotland.
      > I have a Mac19 'Olivebank' which I have owned since 1993 and which
      is
      > now moored on Loch Lomond. I was amazed to read from the Home page
      > that there are 1,000 Mac 19s around. I believe that there are
      > something like 12 of them in the UK and this has the wonderful
      > advantage of giving them a very high resale value here. I have many
      > times been asked if I will sell my boat but have always resisted
      > because I enjoy her so much. I look forward to sharing in your new
      > web-site. Good luck with it - and all the best from Scotland!
      >
      > Dane Sherrard, Mac19 'Olivebank', Loch Lomond, Scotland.

      Wecome to our group Dane,
      I remember seeing your boats name listed on the Macgregor owners site
      last year. I may be the one responsible for information that there
      are around 1000 Mac 19s. My boat is a 1994 model built in 1993 and is
      Hull # 732. I understand that this boat was produced between 92 and
      96 so I assumed there are at least 1000 of them but I do not know the
      the actual number. If someone could post the real # I would be
      interested in knowing it. I do know there are alot more Mac 26x s. My
      brother is an over-the-road truckdriver and he told me that nearly
      half the trailer sailboats he sees on the roat are 26x s.
      Again,wecome to our group, Randy
    • maccutter19
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 8, 2006
        --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "lussdane" <dane@c...>
        wrote:

        > Hi! I am a new member - possibly your first new member from
        Scotland.
        > I have a Mac19 'Olivebank' which I have owned since 1993 and which
        is
        > now moored on Loch Lomond. I was amazed to read from the Home page
        > that there are 1,000 Mac 19s around. I believe that there are
        > something like 12 of them in the UK and this has the wonderful
        > advantage of giving them a very high resale value here. I have
        many
        > times been asked if I will sell my boat but have always resisted
        > because I enjoy her so much. I look forward to sharing in your new
        > web-site. Good luck with it - and all the best from Scotland!
        >
        > Dane Sherrard, Mac19 'Olivebank', Loch Lomond, Scotland.

        Hi Dane
        I was over in scotland last year I believe I took a photo of your
        mac19 from the end of the luss pier
        thx john S.
      • Dane Sherrard
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 8, 2006
          Hi John,

          Thank you for your message.

          Yes, if you photographed a Mac19 from the end of Luss Pier it would have
          been mine -- it's still there and perhaps next week I will brave the
          cold and go out for a sail on the Loch.

          What pity you didn't find me in Luss I would have been delighted to
          have taken you out on the loch or lent you the boat to sail yourself. If
          you are planning to return, let me know.

          Happy New Year,
          Dane