RE: [macgregor19sailboats] Do it yourself bimini top design

  • dan sullivan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 2013
      You need a 34" high one to clear the boom.

      I forget how wide, but this is where I got mine. Very cheap!

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/34-H-x-4-L-x-81-88-W-3-Bow-Comp-Ski-Bimini-Top-3488-TG-/251210580984?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item3a7d5143f8&vxp=mtr

      I've had mine for years and it's still in great shape. You can make a great tent with tarp or screen over it.

      ds

      To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com
      From: angelwilliams69@...
      Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 20:08:11 +0000
      Subject: [macgregor19sailboats] Do it yourself bimini top design

      Before I start, has anyone made a bimini top for their Mac19? I looked through the photos and files and may have missed any photo. Just looking for suggestions. Clearing the boom may be a problem. Maybe it's just easier to wear a nautical Sombrero for shade? thanks, Mike

    • Bruce Kinzinger
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2013
        I ordered and received an off the shelf bimini this winter.

        After painting the black stripes (bare glass showing in areas) and replacing the rotted core in the cockpit hatch covers/ finishing reglassing, I'll get North Star to it's marina home, step the mast, and plan to install the bimini.

        I hope to upload all these projects soon, w/ photos to the MacGregorSailors.com website.

        I THINK I'll be able to just shorten the central arm of the bimini, to make it fit, once I can check the height w the boom there...

        Exciting time of year for us all...

        - Bruce