Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Do the trailers for the MacGregor 19 normally come equipted with brakes?

  • Bruce Kinzinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2013
      I towed my 19 footer w/ 40HP motor about 100 miles with a 2004 (200,000 mile) Outback.  It did great.
      The Outback does have a little more suspension, though.
      Might depend on terrain/ mountains v just within a marina, etc.

      Those Subarus are workhorses!
      - Bruce
      North Star, Mac 19

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
        My trailer does not have brakes but I believe my boat and trailer loaded is less than 2500 lbs anyway.

        Doug
        --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "herb.choquette" wrote:

        > I am interested in buying a MacGregor 19 but I am not sure if my Subaru Legacy can pull it safely. It is rated for 2500 lbs if the trailer has brakes. Otherwise it is only rated for 1500 lbs.
        >
        > Thanks for the advice
        >
        > Herb

      • herb.choquette
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2013