Do the trailers for the MacGregor 19 normally come equipted with brakes?

  • herb.choquette
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 4:00 PM
      I am interested in buying a MacGregor 19 but I am not sure if my Subaru Legacy can pull it safely. It is rated for 2500 lbs if the trailer has brakes. Otherwise it is only rated for 1500 lbs.

      Thanks for the advice

      Herb
    • Bruce Kinzinger
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1 7:00 PM
        I towed my 19 footer w/ 40HP motor about 100 miles with a 2004 (200,000 mile) Outback.  It did great.
        The Outback does have a little more suspension, though.
        Might depend on terrain/ mountains v just within a marina, etc.

        Those Subarus are workhorses!
        - Bruce
        North Star, Mac 19

        I am interested in buying a MacGregor 19 but I am not sure if my Subaru Legacy can pull it safely. It is rated for 2500 lbs if the trailer has brakes. Otherwise it is only rated for 1500 lbs.

        Thanks for the advice

        Herb

      • Doug
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2 4:55 PM
          My trailer does not have brakes but I believe my boat and trailer loaded is less than 2500 lbs anyway.

          Doug
          --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "herb.choquette" wrote:

          > I am interested in buying a MacGregor 19 but I am not sure if my Subaru Legacy can pull it safely. It is rated for 2500 lbs if the trailer has brakes. Otherwise it is only rated for 1500 lbs.
          >
          > Thanks for the advice
          >
          > Herb

        • herb.choquette
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3 5:25 PM