Sailing Lake Havasu

  • Michael F
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2012
      went to Lake Havasu over Christmas and did some motoring on the Colorado River and visited London Bridge and saw all the fake lighthouses. When we finally rigged the sails the wind died.

      I spent lots of time before the trip repairing damage apparently caused by the centerboard being banged sidewise hard enough to punch holes into the ballast tank. Didn't realize it was probably there when I bought the boat and just got worse over the years. I don't recall ever hitting anything sidewise before.

      I was checking out Lake Havasu trying to decide if it was worth spending a week there in Feb with 200+ pocket cruisers. So far the Macgregors outnumber everyone else but my boat is the only 19 pre registered so far.

      If any of you are within a reasonable distance for you to drive,(some people drive from quite a distance), it should be a worthwhile event. The cost for the whole week of events is only $50. Here's a site for more info.

      http://sailhavasu.com/

      Check out the web site. Even if you don't attend, join their blog. Lots of interesting messages from prior or prospective attendees.