Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Mainsheet Systems

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2012
      Hi,

      The main sheet allows the boom to only go left or right so much so the mailsail is at the correct angle to the wind. When extended way out the boom tends to lift and the sail looses shape.  This is where the boom vang become useful.

      The boom vang is used to keep the sail tight. Note it connects to the bottom of the mast. This does not pull boom left or right, only down.

      Ron

      "To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone."
      Reba McEntire
      <>< Click here to visit the family web site...