Re: [macgregor19sailboats] 9 gallon fuel tank for Mac 19

  • chaloner
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2012
      Yes I have two of them installed on my Mac-19 and they work fine.
      Barry

      On Oct 4, 2012, at 9:23 PM, dan sullivan wrote:

      Have you actually tried it?

      If the filler cap isn't recessed, it may not fit.

      To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com
      From: pals@...
      Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 09:46:59 -0600
      Subject: Re: [macgregor19sailboats] 9 gallon fuel tank for Mac 19

      Moeller now makes a gas tank that is almost as the same and fits under the seat of the mac-19. It's number is GAS9. Spread the word.
      Barry

      On Sep 17, 2012, at 10:35 PM, Michael F wrote:

      Just ran across this ad for one. A bit pricey and i'll have to check the dimensions to see if it fits under the seat.

      http://www.easternmarine.com/moeller-ultra-9-gal-above-deck-fuel-tank-620009lp

    • dan sullivan
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2012
        That's great, Thanks. My old metal tohatsu tanks are gutting rusty...

        How are they to carry around? Good handles?

        To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2012
          Yes molded grips on either side but no handles.

          To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 14, 2012
            Maybe those of us in AZ and similar climates should exchange our plastic tanks for your metal ones since the weather here destroys the plastic after a few years and my patching efforts haven't been that successful.