Re: Mac 19 For Sale in Virginia/Metro DC, $6,500 obo

  • LHenecke
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2012
      Sold, Sold, Sold!!! She went to a great new home in Maryland, hope to see her out on the Bay!

      --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "LHenecke" <l.e.henecke@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >
      > > Please feel free to ask me any questions. Boat is sold as is, where is. I would welcome and encourage any inspections. I have enjoyed this boat very much.
      > >
      > > Included features are:
      > > Mast raising system -26M version
      > > Mainsail – Doyle (Sail Care maintained)
      > > Boom Vang
      > > CDI Roller fuller, 150% Genoa - Bacon Sails (Sail Care maintained)
      > > Mainsail cover - Blue
      > > Porta potti
      > > Deep Cycle battery – New
      > > Johnson 40hp 2-stroke outboard – Annual maintenance/winterization with new water pump 7/30/12
      > > Spare prop, nut and wrench
      > > Magma 15" Original propane grill w/cover and rail mount
      > > Misc spare parts and additional uninstalled upgrades (Tiller-Tamer, ballast tank inspection covers, etc.)
      > > USCG safety gear
      > > Docking lines and bumpers
      > > Anchor and rode
      > > Six Gal Fuel Tanks (Two)
      > >
      > > Made too many performance upgrades/improvements to list them all here. Partial list of Mods includes:
      > >
      > > Boat
      > > Custom-made Spinnaker w/M19 logo (Sail Care) with sheet
      > > Dual Harken 140s on Mast
      > > Upgraded Boom Goose Neck
      > > Harken 150s Cam Cleats (replaced)
      > > Running Rigging – Sampson XLS
      > > Lines led aft
      > > Dyneea Soft Shackles
      > > ATN Tacker (for Spinnaker)
      > > Tapered Battens (Blue Water Yachts)
      > > Running backstay (Blue Water Yachts)
      > > Single-line reefing kit (Blue Water Yachts)
      > > Custom Outhaul kit (Blue Water Yachts)
      > > HDPE rudders w/sheer pins (Ida Rudder)
      > > Custom cockpit lifelines w/padded covers
      > > Life ring with mount
      > > Custom storage compartments on head door (Beckson)
      > > Sink drains to thru hull
      > > Electric bilge pumps (need re-wiring) – bilge has never been wet since purchase
      > > New Water ballast valve
      > > Nylon washers installed to smooth steering assembly
      > > Anti-fouling bottom paint
      > > Custom swim ladder steps
      > >
      > > Trailer
      > > New trailer ball coupler
      > > Bearing buddies
      > > Never used Spare tire and retainer bracket

    • Bruce Kinzinger
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
        Hi Leif,

        Don't know if you got this text Saturday:

        Home safely. Prop worked on old boat. Kids love the new boat. Battery is charging.... Great working with you, Leif.

        So, battery is charged now w trickle charger, in driveway today. I'll get the Maryland paperwork started. Learned about tilt, trim, etc online last evening.

        If weather cooperates, we'll test this engine, and take one of the two boats out tomorrow. Hopefully it's just the alternator circuits. Eddie is pretty handy w motors, and has a jumper pack.

        Bruce

      • Tom Parrett
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 25, 2012
          Hi,
          Dis you sell your Mac 19?

          Thanks,
          Tom

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 25, 2012
            I have the good fortune of being the new owner.  This is a delightful craft.
            The all-in-one Macgregor concept is bold and a true success!

            The 19 footer can be single-handed without great anxiety.
            A real pleasure - good luck, finding one -- I'm sure you will.

            All the best!
            Bruce

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2012
              Thanks Bruce, Hope you enjoy. I would be interested in your experience with the boat. I have not seen one in person but it seems to be just what I need on the Carolina coast. At least for now. I'll keep looking.

              Take Care,
              Tom