9 gallon fuel tank for Mac 19

  • Michael F
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 17 9:35 PM
      Just ran across this ad for one. A bit pricey and i'll have to check the dimensions to see if it fits under the seat.

      http://www.easternmarine.com/moeller-ultra-9-gal-above-deck-fuel-tank-620009lp
    • chaloner
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 18 8:46 AM
        Moeller now makes a gas tank that is almost as the same and fits under the seat of the mac-19. It's number is GAS9. Spread the word.
        Barry

        On Sep 17, 2012, at 10:35 PM, Michael F wrote:

        Just ran across this ad for one. A bit pricey and i'll have to check the dimensions to see if it fits under the seat.

        http://www.easternmarine.com/moeller-ultra-9-gal-above-deck-fuel-tank-620009lp

      • dan sullivan
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2012
          Have you actually tried it?

          If the filler cap isn't recessed, it may not fit.

          To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2012
            Yes I have two of them installed on my Mac-19 and they work fine.
            Barry

            To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 8, 2012
              That's great, Thanks. My old metal tohatsu tanks are gutting rusty...

              How are they to carry around? Good handles?

              To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2012
                Yes molded grips on either side but no handles.

                To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 14, 2012
                  Maybe those of us in AZ and similar climates should exchange our plastic tanks for your metal ones since the weather here destroys the plastic after a few years and my patching efforts haven't been that successful.