Re: Remove the Head

  • Paul Zimmer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2012
      We use ours all the time.  I put a "wag bag" system in (5 gal bucket with snap-on toilet lid and gel-in-a-bag inside).  We don't try to crawl inside.  Just use it facing out (toward the center of the boat).  With the hatch down, the door swung open provides enough privacy.  Works great.

      We bought the M19 in large part because it could accommodate a toilet!

      Paul Zimmer
    • dan sullivan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21, 2012
        More potty talk...

        My kids and even my wife will use the head if the water is too cold to go in. I can use it sitting only. I installed a stainless grab rail above the doorway on the outside of the head and another on the shelf on the inside of the head that help a lot getting into the small space. I hang a beach towel on the rail over the door for privacy and also to dry the towel...

        To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com
        From: Doug_Cox@...
        Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 01:49:27 +0000
        Subject: [macgregor19sailboats] Re: Remove the Head

        I didn't remove the head but I did turn the portapotti so it faces out, as we use the boat as a day sailer (fisher) the open head door provides privacy while the other steers the boat. Works great and the wife loves it.
        Doug