Re: Mac 19's in FL area.

  • Michael F
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
      Actually in FL this should be a GOOD time to sell a boat since it's often too hot and humid in the summer. There was a list of Mac 19 owners by state listed on sailboatowners.com which also has a place to list your current boat. One of our file sections had an outdated list of all the FREE places you can list your boat. Plus you can check with all the sail clubs in FL and most will let you post an ad. Craigslist is free and if you go to places like photobucket they will show you how to place a larger photo of the boat on Craigs.
      Beware of many of the sites that charge for an ad. Some are ineffective and mostly a scam. You can also try placing it on Ebay with your city and state. They charge a small listing fee so start with a ridiculously low listing price and have a reserve. If you sell they get a reasonable fee which may be worth it if you get a better price.

      If you're anywhere near Daytona, Randy Zerbe in our group has a Mac 19 there and is always willing to give demo rides. Good luck. Mike