RE: [macgregor19sailboats] Re: subscribe to the group

  • henry.ning@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 27, 2011
      Hi Robert

      I'm in Mississauga and was thinking of selling my Mac 19. Your're welcome to come by and see it .... it's in my garage. See my website for more information on it:

      http://enidsong.net/newmac/

      Contact me at henry.ning@... and we can make arrangements if you want to come by.

      Regards,
      Henry

      To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com
      From: jrpaquette@...
      Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:18:02 +0000
      Subject: [macgregor19sailboats] Re: subscribe to the group

      Thanks for the welcome, Randy,

      I'm in Niagara Falls, Ontario, and sail mostly in the North Channel of Lake Huron. I usually spend at least 4 weeks up there. I keep my boat, Firecracker, Edel 665, in Blind River, Ontario. Blind River is at the west end of the North Channel. Having had no tow vehicle, the boat stayed up there year round. But now I might want to travel around with the boat, hence a more easily towed boat. I usually sail singlehand, unless I have my son or friend along. At any one time there's never more than two people on board.

      Robert
      Firecracker, Edel 665

      --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "Capt. Randy" <ourzer.bay3da@...> wrote:

      > Welcome to our group Robert,
      >
      > The Mac 19 has a very small sink on the starboard side of the cabin mostly there so they could say it has a sink, rather limited in usefulness. Inboard and below this is the "icebox" which is un insulated and no drain but is ok for stowing galley stuff. Next to it is a similar space for a small stove. One of the covers for these "bays" doubles as a table that clamps to the compression post (under the mast) and is adjustable and useful. A real cooler is needed if you need to keep things cold very long. I have a one burner stove I use in the cockpit and seldom cook in the cabin.
      >
      > I don't have measurements of the headroom handy but I am average height and sitting in the cabin is comfortable. For a 19 foot boat the cabin is spacious. I can stand in the cabin with some protection from the rain when the hatch is all the way up.
      >
      > If you tell us where you sail and how far you would travel we might find a boat for sale for you. I am helping two others right now. Florida and Michigan. Yahoo profile is useful too. Again, welcome
      >
      > Capt. Randy

    • Robert
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 27, 2011
        Nice hearing from you, Henry,
        It's funny, I was just thinking of sending a posting for someone on the discussion group who was local to my area. Looks like you fit the bill, Henry. thanks. I've sent you an email for further discussion.
        Robert

        --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, <henry.ning@...> wrote:

        > Hi Robert
        >
        > I'm in Mississauga and was thinking of selling my Mac 19. Your're welcome to come by and see it .... it's in my garage. See my website for more information on it:
        >
        > http://enidsong.net/newmac/
        >
        > Contact me at henry.ning@... and we can make arrangements if you want to come by.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Henry

      • john shields
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 27, 2011
          Hi I have a Mac 19 for sale you can view it on my potobucket site maccutter19 she has been cutter rigged & has the mac26m steering pedestal with a 18" SS wheel , you can also view my 26M @ phbucket on maccutter26m & thehighlander111
          John

          From: Robert Paquette <jrpaquette@...>
          Subject: [macgregor19sailboats] subscribe to the group
          To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 8:02 PM

          Hi, Everyone,

          I've had my application to subscribe to this group for quite a while.  Does anyone know the whereabouts of the moderator?  I'm quite excited on perhaps purchasing an M19, but would like to know more about it.  Luckily I'm allowed to read all the postings, but I'm not allowed to look at the photos.  Would someone get his/her attention?  Thanks.
          Robert

        • Robert
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 28, 2011
            Hi, John,
            That's an interesting photo.  Where are you located?
            Robert, Firecracker

            --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, john shields <maccutter19@...> wrote:

            > Hi I have a Mac 19 for sale you can view it on my potobucket site maccutter19
            > she has been cutter rigged & has the mac26m steering pedestal with a 18" SS
            > wheel , you can also view my 26M @ phbucket on maccutter26m & thehighlander111
            > http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/maccutter19/Spinnaker%20maccutter19/Meaford%20Harbour/DSCN1406.jpg
            >
            > John

          • john shields
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 29, 2011
              Robert.
              I live near Alliston ON.

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 2, 2011
                I just approved 4 new members. If for some reason you're not notified, reapply and let me know. thanks, Mike