Windfalls leak fixed

  • Capt. Randy
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5 7:59 PM
      More on the leak, there was a bolt jammed in the elbow under the motor well drain clogging it for years but it wasn,t a factor in the elbow coming off. With the clamp loosened it went right back together. I tightened all the clamps. I figured that over the years ice pushed the elbow off the tube plus the shaking from trailering 1200 miles. Might be something to check on your boat. The next day we sailed 13 miles south on ICW with Genny and Main, tank full.The wind was gusty and would swing back and forth 90 degrees this is new to me. Near Ponce (de Leon) Inlet, it became very strong so we dropped sail and powered near enough to see out the inlet. The east wind had a 9 foot swell running and the tide was going out strongly. We powered back to the condo slip at high speed. We were gone 4 1/2 hours covering 23 miles with no problems. Sunday the sailing club has its monthly 8 mile race. I've participated on Hunter 22, Catalina 25 and sunfish boats but now I get to be Captain and sail my own boat. I plan to not come in last. I haven't posted pictures yet but I'll try now. Look for them. Capt. Randy
    • Shoalster
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6 5:46 PM
        Hi Randy, I used to live in daytona beach. about 5 years ago you sent me a video of your boat. I still watch it every now and then. I moved to the keys 2 yrs ago. If u ever come to the keys stop in and say hello. If u r camping in your boat u r welcome to camp in my driveway and hookup to electric and water at no charge best regards, noel in marathon

        On Sat Mar 5th, 2011 10:59 PM EST Capt. Randy wrote:

        >More on the leak, there was a bolt jammed in the elbow under the motor well drain clogging it for years but it wasn,t a factor in the elbow coming off. With the clamp loosened it went right back together. I tightened all the clamps. I figured that over the years ice pushed the elbow off the tube plus the shaking from trailering 1200 miles. Might be something to check on your boat. The next day we sailed 13 miles south on ICW with Genny and Main, tank full.The wind was gusty and would swing back and forth 90 degrees this is new to me. Near Ponce (de Leon) Inlet, it became very strong so we dropped sail and powered near enough to see out the inlet. The east wind had a 9 foot swell running and the tide was going out strongly. We powered back to the condo slip at high speed. We were gone 4 1/2 hours covering 23 miles with no problems. Sunday the sailing club has its monthly 8 mile race. I've participated on Hunter 22, Catalina 25 and sunfish boats but now I
        get to be Captain and sail my own boat. I plan to not come in last. I haven't posted pictures yet but I'll try now. Look for them. Capt. Randy

      • Randy Zerbe
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7 4:59 AM
          Hi Noel, I remember sending the DVD to you. Next update on the trip in a couple of days. My brother has a place on a canal connected to Blackwater Sound on KeyLargo. I might get down there later this trip (not with the boat) and I'll stop in to meet you.
                                                                                                       Capt. Randy

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7 5:28 AM
            Hi Randy, If you come down my way give me a call at 305 896 7316. Thanks for your response! Noel

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 7 7:38 AM