Re: [macgregor19sailboats] CB Support

  • Randy Zerbe
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2011
      Sounds good, Boat is ready- I am leaving for FL now.  Capt. Randy
    • Doug
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5 1:50 PM
        John

        I have a piece of rubber hose around the cross bar, the issue is the cross bar is so rusted the CB will break it in half and then hit the road. Last week on a dry day, I crawled under the boat and did a little pushing and pulling on the cross bar and I don't think the bar is giving the trailer that much support as it was pretty wobbly.

        Doug

        --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, John Spalvins <spalvins@...> wrote:

        > I slit a piece of rubber hose and put it over the cross bar securing it with wire ties. This way, if the board falls and bounces it is only hitting rubber.

      • John Spalvins
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8 8:58 AM
          You can get a guy with portable welding equipment to come over and weld in a new piece of metal. Just be sure to jack the trailer up for easy access. Shouldn't cost too much. Make sure the hull doesn't get burned!