mac 19 "WINDFALL" is rejoining the fleet

  • Capt. Randy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2011
      Hi, After what 7 or 8 years I've come back to the group. I am the original owner of my 1994 Mac 19 "Windfall" based in Burton, MI. I sail her quite a lot in the summers, 15 to 20 trips per season on local inland lakes and on western Lake Huron. She has also been in the Wisconsin Dells River and the Atlantic off Key Largo FL (2002). About the boat: She has the standard working jib and main plus the optional genny and spinnaker sail (with furling sock.Another dealer installed option was the coach rails on the cabin. The 1994 model came with sheet winches standard. Out of respect for the designers, I kept the modifications fairly minor. These include a jiffy reefing system, boom vang, topping lift, swim platform, a system consisting of cables and bungees to hold the rudders down devised by my friend Mike (anglewillians)and another system to retract the rudders without using shear pins. I still bolt them up for trailering. The auxiliary is a Mercury Seapro 40 2 cylinder 2 stroke outboard that weighs 165 lb.s. With and 10" pitch prop she can go 22 mph when she is light. When the wind is light I sail with the tank empty and full when it is blowing. I have sailed her in winds up to 30 mph (reefed) and 4 to 5 foot waves with no great concern. I am very happy with my boat. She is currently in the middle of a major refit to get her ready for saltwater. Capt. Randy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2011
        Welcome back Randy.

        Ron

        "I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."
        Lily Tomlin   Click here to visit the family web site...

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            macgregor19sailboats-digest@yahoogroups.com
            macgregor19sailboats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • bestkidspa
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2011
          Capt. Randy-
          Welcome back. I live down the road in Lake Orion, but work on Bristol so must be near you somewhere. Sounds like you have a nice boat. If you are preparing to head back to the Keys, count me jealous. I would love to get mine down that way.

          Mike

          --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "Capt. Randy" <astro27go@...> wrote:

          > Hi, After what 7 or 8 years I've come back to the group. I am the original owner of my 1994 Mac 19 "Windfall" based in Burton, MI. I sail her quite a lot in the summers, 15 to 20 trips per season on local inland lakes and on western Lake Huron. She has also been in the Wisconsin Dells River and the Atlantic off Key Largo FL (2002). About the boat: She has the standard working jib and main plus the optional genny and spinnaker sail (with furling sock.Another dealer installed option was the coach rails on the cabin. The 1994 model came with sheet winches standard. Out of respect for the designers, I kept the modifications fairly minor. These include a jiffy reefing system, boom vang, topping lift, swim platform, a system consisting of cables and bungees to hold the rudders down devised by my friend Mike (anglewillians)and another system to retract the rudders without using shear pins. I still bolt them up for trailering. The auxiliary is a Mercury Seapro 40 2 cylinder 2 stroke outboard that weighs 165 lb.s. With and 10" pitch prop she can go 22 mph when she is light. When the wind is light I sail with the tank empty and full when it is blowing. I have sailed her in winds up to 30 mph (reefed) and 4 to 5 foot waves with no great concern. I am very happy with my boat. She is currently in the middle of a major refit to get her ready for saltwater. Capt. Randy

        • Doug
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2011
            Welcome back to the group.