Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Re: Johnson 40 fuel consumption-motor planing fins

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 28, 2010
      What about the Moeller 9 gallon tank?  A bit expensive new and may be too big to fit under the seat but here's a link I found:

      http://www.thefind.com/hardware/info-gallon-portable-fuel-tank

      Product # 031109

      Product Dimension: 29.50"Lx13.75"Wx10.00"H
      $64.56   If it fits, they may have local distributors or shipping may be less than sales tax.

      From: jcrodriguezzayas <jcrodriguezzayas@ yahoo.com>
      To: macgregor19sailboat s@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 11:16 PM

      Thanks for your advice! I don't believe I'm planing either. I read that a 4 blade 8-9 pitch will get the boat on a plane a lot easier. I think my 15 pitch is to high since the motor doesn't sound to high on rpm. My concern about the fuel is that I carry 12 gallons and I want to make a passage of 20 miles (fajardo-culebra) . At my current MPG would barely make it; although I can sail it, I want to make sure I have enough fuel for motoring.

      Regards,
      jc

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 28, 2010
        Hi to all,

        The Moeller 9 gallon would be too long.  According to an old catalog, the Tempo "9gas" is  20"X14.25X10.25 and it really fills up the space.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 28, 2010
          Tempo still makes what they call a 9GAS tank but it only holds 7.5 gals!  I think the evinrude tanks are 6.5 gal so not much gained.  You're right about the dimensions:  20" L x 14-1/4" W x 10-1/4" H

        • henry.ning@sympatico.ca
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 28, 2010
            I have the Tempo and I can verify that it fits perfectly in the Mac 19.

            Regards,
            Henry

            To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com

          • henry.ning@sympatico.ca
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 28, 2010
              Be careful with the units here .... the tank holds 9 U.S. Gallons or 7.5 Imperial Gallons.

              Regards,
              Henry

              To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com
              From: angelwilliams69@...
              Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:24:38 -0700

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 28, 2010
                Here's their web site showing 7.5 gals,  28.4 liters.  Has anyone ever put 9 U.S. gallons into a tank that fits under the seat?

                To: macgregor19sailboat s@yahoogroups. com
                From: angelwilliams69@ yahoo.com
                Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:24:38 -0700