West Coast Mac 19 plus trolling motors

  • Michael F
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2010
      Saw the $9000 Mac 19. Some nice features and it makes us feel good but I'd be surprised if they get that much..

      Has anyone ever mounted a trolling motor next to their outboard as a backup? I keep having engine problems and thought if a trolling motor was big enough, at least it could move the boat back to the dock if the wind and outboard both quit.
    • dee_seas
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2010
        I mounted a 5hp Nissan on my 19 about 4 yrs. ago, we do a lot of fishing and was putting too many hours on my 40hp Tohatsu. Now we fly to our favourite fishing spot with the 40 and troll for hours with the 5hp. Alot quieter and the internal gas tank lasts up to 5.5 hours depending on wind.
        Doug