Re: towing skiers

  • SarniaAikido
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 20, 2009
      OK Ill get a power boat ... that should keep my first mate happy she wants to skii ... also should be hard on the old back pocket ... but you make my point ... i want too sail ... this why I keep leaning to the elusive Mac 19
      Thanks for all replys
      I stand corrected and thank the moderator
      Dan
      --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, <star747@...> wrote:

      > Dan,
      > Mac 19 is sailboat !!!!
      > 70 HP what are you talking about !!
      > If you need boat for towing, you have to buy powerboat !!
      > My best regards
      > Alex
      >

      > Mac 10----- Original Message -----

    • dee_seas
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22, 2009
        Hi Dan
        We use our Mac 19 mostly for fishing but every now and then we will ski. My 16 year old 40 hp Tohatsu still pulls me up and I weigh 205lbs. Last summer I got my son-in-law up and he weighs about 250lbs. but it took a bit of work as the spotter had to slide all the way to the bottom of the v-berth to get the bow down on plane.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 23, 2009
          Aside from the easy solution of using BIG skiis or wakeboard, how about this for a way to get more speed.  Just saw this local ad.  Even if you threw away the boat and trailer, the engine is still a good deal if it fits and it looks narrow in photos:

          Glastron Ski boat with rebuilt 115 hp Mercury outboard. Installed canopy and extra's. Clear title. Motor rebuilt 2004, very low hours. Gear case rebuilt and resealed 2006. Carb's & fuel pump rebuilt 2009. All maintenance records. compression 125 to 130. Ready for the Lake. .Only $1500 or may take offers!!