Re: mac 19 forsale

  • cptexploit
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2009
      --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "SarniaAikido" <sarniaaikido@...> wrote:

      > what has everyone paid for for there mac19 ... Im trying to get a handle on what these sell for ... if its not too much to ask could I get price and equipment you got with it ... hope im not being to personal and thanks in advance

      New member here!! I just purchased a used 1993 Mac19 located in land-locked Edmonton Alberta which is only about 1500 miles from the nearest water body. The cost was roughly $12,000 CDN dollars which at the time would equate to roughly $10,000 US.

      The boat was pretty much stock issue with only a few custom adds over the years added onto her such as an auxillary power supply plug right beside the head to plug in coolers etc. and still be accessible from the cockpit. The only factory options it looks to have is the rolling furler Genoa sale.

      The motor was an original 40 HP Tahatsu which unfortunately piled up roughly 10 hours into my ownership when the leg blew out. Luckily I was able to find a replacement bottom let very cheaply and installed it myself in minutes.

      I don't know what they would be worth in settings such as Seatle or Florida where everyone has a boat!! In Alberta where I am from there were only 3 sailboats for sale of any kind this summer. The Mac19 is a super easy boat to rig and tow around although not a great sailing machine compared to other "pure" sailboats I have had in the past.

      Happy sailing!!