Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Mystery tarp

  • chaloner
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 22, 2009
      Ron thanks so much. It appears your source has new gas tanks still.
      Barry
      PS Any thoughts on a good boom canvas set up and vents to keep air circulating when the boat is stored and locked up (not a hatch).

      On Jun 21, 2009, at 10:41 AM, Ron Buckles wrote:

      Barry,

      The Tempo Products 9Gas tank (7.5G) will work.  Unfortunally Tempo has gone out of business.

      Call them and see if they actually have it in stock.

      Ron

      “Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.”
      Charlotte Bronte from Jane Eyre

      From: Paul Russell Zimmer <paulzimmer@gmail. com>
      Subject: [macgregor19sailboa ts] Mystery tarp
      To: macgregor19sailboat s@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 8:32 PM

      OK, I have a mystery for y'all. I received this rather nice looking tarp-like item with the boat. The previous owner had gotten it from his predecessor, and did not know what it was. Neither do I.

      There are photos under Zimmer in the Photos section. It is about 8' on a side, and 2 sides have "slots" where the tarp material has been folded over, as if some sort of pole is supposed to pass through them. In the center is a very solid looking hook arrangement. The material seems to be of a much better quality than any tarp. It appears to be professionally made for some definite purpose.

      Anybody know what this thing is?

    • sailhard1964
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2009
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Forward-Hatch-Canopy-Shade-for-you-your-boat_W0QQitemZ180376949194QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBoat_Parts_Accessories_Gear?hash=item29ff4dd1ca&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A15%7C39%3A1