RE: [macgregor19sailboats] Re: M-19 Sunk

    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 10, 2003
      Tom,
      I was wondering the same thing? Anyone figured out
      how the back end of the Mac 19 is built. I was going
      to look into it, but never did. (It is low on my list
      of things to do.)

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=255131.3358918.4715059.3294649/D=egroupweb/S=1705

      065792:HM/A=1627012/R=0/SIG=111br2r2b/*http://www.boatcoversdirect.com>

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=255131.3358918.4715059.3294649/D=egrou
      > pmail/S=:HM/A=1627012/rand=680847496>

      > Terms of Service
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • Tom Garmon
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 10, 2003
        Message
        Ron,

        I know......It just seems to me that a hole in the hull has one of two purposes......to let water/air in.....or let water/air out. Since I see no holes to drain the cockpit lockers, (they drain though the notch in the bottom center to the motor well) I 'THINK' that the have to lead to the rudder post cavity in the hull. Although I can't see in there. Could these be the culprits?

        Tom
        '92 19'
        Northeast Ohio
        --- Tom Garmon <tomg@...> wrote:
        > ----Further exploring where the water came in to
        > swamp the 19'. Does
        > anybody know what the two holes are in the stern
        > just above the wateline
        > and just inboard of the rudders? I'm still working
        > on my boat since I've
        > purchased it and haven't had it in the water yet. I
        > uploaded a photo
        > (that I found, not my boat) of them to the photo
        > album "M 19 shorts etc
        > add anything you want". Anybody got any ideas?

        > Tom
        > '92 19'
        > Northeast Ohio

      • angela michele
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 10, 2003
          Funny, the same question came up yesterday when we
          were out sailing with Randy Zerbe who explained that
          they drain the small compartment around the rudder
          tubes. They shouldn't leak into the hull unless
          there's a crack. You could probably fill them with
          water by pressing a garden hose against them and
          seeing if you get water into the hull. I've also
          filled the bilges with water to see if any leaked out
          and done the same with the ballast tank. It did have
          some leaks around the two bolts for the centerboard
          and we've already previously discussed access to them
          for resealing.

          http://sbc.yahoo.com