How long does a 6 gal tank last? M19

  • Ken Abrahams
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 2008
      I haven't used mine long enough to figure distances traveled. Is
      there some kind of rough guide on milage on a tank at full power and
      at low speed?

      Ken Abrahams
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 23, 2008
        depends on boat load, prop, how well engine is tuned. I'd say from 30 minutes to an hour.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 23, 2008
          Ken,

          With the standard 40HP Tohatsu I get 3 to 4 miles per gallon depending on the speed and/or load.  That would be 18 to 24 miles or about an hour at near full speed.

          BTW, Tempo use to make a 9 gallon tank that fits the Mac19 well.  See  http://www.geocities.com/henry_ning/

          I have a cross reference list of tank/motor fuel connectors if anyone is interested.

          Ron

          “Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.”
          Charlotte Bronte from Jane Eyre

          I haven't used mine long enough to figure distances traveled.  Is
          there some kind of rough guide on milage on a tank at full power and
          at low speed?

          Ken Abrahams

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:macgregor19sailboats-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:macgregor19sailboats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 24, 2008
            Another way to add gas capacity is to mount a swim platform on the transom. Aside from ease of entry when swimming, it makes a good place to store an extra tank.

            > With the standard 40HP Tohatsu I get 3 to 4 miles per
            > gallon depending on the speed and/or load.  That would be
            > 18 to 24 miles or about an hour at near full speed.
            >
            > BTW, Tempo use to make a 9 gallon tank that fits the
            > Mac19 well.  See  http://www.geocities.com/henry_ning/
            >
            > I have a cross reference list of tank/motor fuel connectors
            > if anyone is interested.
            >
            > Ron
            >  “Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing
            > animosity or registering wrongs.”
            > Charlotte Bronte from Jane Eyre

          • Ken Abrahams
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 25, 2008