[macgregor19sailboats] during the "off season"

  • bjoern fry
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 20, 2007

      Hello fellow sailors,

      I know I’ve not been active on here but my sailing season is just about ready to start. I actually just returned from a 9 week RV trip up to Canada where its relatively cool during the hot summer months. I’ve not been out w/ my Mac 19 as much as I would have liked last year primarily due to a broken rudder and the loss of my primary sailing companion. I’ve also been taking my small glorified rowboat out with kicker to scope out good and bad approaches to where I most commonly launch. I was also almost completely unfamiliar with these waters and just felt I needed to do some exploring with a vessel that isn’t so easily damaged.  Anyway, I’m hoping things will be different this season down here in SW Florida .

      This brings up an important issue for me, at least, and perhaps for a couple others of you who live in the more southern latitudes. Wouldn’t it be possible to have this user group be active all year round? I understand that there would be only a few participants but, unless something unforeseen happens, I would be an enthusiastic contributor and would still like to hear from some of you who can’t just turn the sailor off in themselves during the winter months. I would even be willing to act as winter host or interim moderator or some such thing to keep it going.  … only of course if our moderator prefers to take the winter season off or would like a little assistance along those lines during the northern “off season”.

      Please let me know what you think about this proposal … the season so obviously has already passed for so many of you … I felt it probably would be prudent to wait much longer with this proposal.

      Please let me know what you think.

      Thanks

      Björn Conrad Fry

      Port Charlotte, Florida