Re: How sailing, solar vent, deck hatch

  • John Shields
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2 8:53 PM
      if you go to my photos you'll see my front deck hatch I'll add more
      pics soon of my solar vent installed in the opening hinged hatch lid
      my smoked lexan hatch entrance door with opening portlight my
      opening portlights in the cockpit & aft berth portlights installed
      in the outside hull& my opening portlights mounted into the lower
      black stripe in the forward cabin my 26M pedestal & wheel steering
      conversion you can go to photobucket search all my mod photo's album
      name Maccutter19 you'll see my 28ft mast extension I'll be off soon
      to BC and WA to sail the west coast on a mac26X and a couple of
      mac26M s have sailed in a mac26M before still like my mac19 better
      --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "mike angelo"
      <angelwilliams69@...> wrote:

      > Seems like we're getting more spam lately but I just screen it
      out.
      > Like to hear what anyone is doing as far as sailing.
      >
      > Thinking about installing a solar roof vent to keep the boat
      interior
      > cooler and a hatch in the front deck for light, ventilation and
      > emergency exit in case someone locks me in or access to the front
      deck
      > from inside when sailing.
      >
      > Has anyone had experience with either installation? Still trying
      > find the leak into my ballast tank. Hopefully I'll get into the
      water
      > soon, pump up the tank with air pressure and have a scuba buddy
      look
      > underneath the boat. Probably around the centerboard bolt/pivot.

    • mike angelo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7 6:37 AM
        Thanks for the reply but I couldn't find the photos you mentioned in our group photo
        section. Am I in the wrong place? Just noticed you said Photobucket, so I'll try their web
        site.

        What size is your solar vent? I think in Arizona I'll need a larger model. I was also
        interested in putting one in the roof of my van. Even with windows partially opened
        (leaving an easier theft target) the inside gets up to 140 degrees on many summer days.

        We can sail all winter and the scenery here is fantastic, but unless you start sailing at
        5am, it gets too hot here most summer days to sail comfortably and weekends on our
        limited lakes are ridiculously crowded. I don't miss much about Michigan after living there
        most of my life but I do miss the Great Lakes. thanks, Mike Fortuna