Trying to sell my great Mac 19'

  • bruce_xmail
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2006
      So far many have looked but noone have bought my Mac 19' that I am
      trying to sell. We decided after a few months of sailing around San
      Diego bay that we are not going to utilize the portability of the
      boat and will move up to a larger boat that we leave in the water.
      So...this awesome boat is up for grabs. Here is the ad that I put on
      craigslist...let me know if you know of anyone that is interested.
      This MAC is really in great shape and has everything that anyone
      would need.

      Thanks for the help, and all the great MAC info over the course of
      the last few months.

      ***** UPDATE, we are getting anxious to buy a bigger boat
      soon...please send me a note so we can discuss a reasonable offer. 3
      of these boats just sold on ebay for nearly $10,000 ! ******

      1993 MacGregor 19 Powersailor in excellent shape. This model has
      recently had an increase in value due to a new awareness of how
      amazing this little vessel is. A "trailer sailor" it comes with its
      own trailer and is light enough to be pulled by any car. In power
      mode 25 mph is advertised with the Tohatsu 2 stroke 40hp direct
      injection outboard, in sail mode just fill the water ballast and
      enjoy a quite sail on the bay, lake or river. Absolutely the largest
      19' boat you will ever get. Below decks there is enough room for 4
      adults to sleep very comfortably, an enclosed head with porta-potti.
      Also has a sink with fresh water system, a butane portable burner for
      cooking, plenty of storage under each bunk and of course a nice
      little table to have dinner on. The cockpit can also double as 2 more
      bunks since each side is nearly 6' long and wide enough to
      comfortably sleep an adult. The original owner outfitted this little
      yacht with every option from the factory and added many more. The
      fuel system is two 6 gallon tanks with a fuel selector lever, with
      that much fuel you can easily get just about anywhere or fill up just
      once a season if you prefer to sail. The engine runs like a champ and
      all the mechanical parts of the boat are in great shape. The
      electrics include, dual batteries, dual battery selectors (so you can
      use the house for the starter, vice versa or combine them), dual
      bilge pumps, running lights, anchor light, voltage meter, power timer
      (for bilge pumps or mini electric cooler), cabin lights, VHF radio
      with mast mount antenna, loran (of course just for show at this
      point), Autohelm (with seatalk interface for loran, could easily be
      converted to work with GPS), older Magellan GPS, and a reading light.
      There are a couple of "classics", a brass clock and barometer mounted
      on the bulkhead plus a candle lantern, which is bright enough to
      light the whole cabin so you can save the batteries. The sailing
      hardware is all Harken blocks (lots of them for this size boat) 4
      sails (Main (converted to full batten main with mast slug slides),
      Roller furler working jib, roller furler genoa and a brand new
      spinnaker with all related hardware PLUS a spinnaker chute as well as
      a deck bag for easy deployment. The mast raising system makes setup a
      one person very easy job and all of the running rigging is in good
      shape. The backstay is adjustable (although this is really not a
      performance sailboat). All of the running rigging has stainless quick
      release hardware. There are also 3 cabin vents, one with a solar fan.
      A full set of cockpit cushions that are in perfect shape is included
      and you can keep the sun off with the included bimini. The main sail,
      winch and tiller covers are included as well.

      Other "stuff" includes some port-o-potti chemicals, some 2 cycle oil,
      misc. tools and parts, a MAGNA Charcoal BBQ with cover, EVERY manual
      for every piece of equipment, a B&W TV and radio, bulkhead mount
      compass, seatalk wind direction sensor (not hooked up to anything
      right now), and an anchor and chain and top it off with an inflatable
      boat for use as a dingy. Probably more stuff but none I can think of
      right now.

      This is one amazing little boat that has EVERYTHING you will need for
      a very long time, its clean, fast and most of all fun.......so some
      research and become a proud owner of one of the most versatile boats
      you can buy. It will even fit inside a standard garage so you can
      forget about paying a storage fee.

      Send me an email through the craigslist address and I will get back
      with you.

      Many more pictures at : http://www.hidaka-gordon.com/pictures/mac-