Looking to buy in Canada

  • schyf
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25 10:52 AM
      Hi,

      I'm looking to buy a Macgregor 19 (funny I should be here, eh?).
      Does anybody know of any for sale in Canada...or close to the border
      at least? I've found a couple of listings but one's in the UK and
      the other is in Colorado...as I live in Ontario, both are a bit too
      far away for me.

      Thanks,
      ~Stephen
    • schyf
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25 11:26 AM
        Actually, searching through the list of emails, the Mac 19 in
        Colorado is listed here already. Update: it's at www.theanchorage.com
        brokerage. Waiting to hear from them about shipping. Any advice on
        the price? They have it listed for almost 12K...this seems steep but
        then I am a newbie :-)

        --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "schyf" <schyf@y...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25 1:55 PM
          Check out
          http://www2.nadaguides.com/
          and click the boats tab.

          This is typcial:
          Boat: 1995 with no options
          Low Retail: $6,240
          Average Retail: $7,890
          Motor: Tohatus 40HP, elec. start:
          Low Retail: $770
          Average Retail: $920
          Trailer: 18' Single
          Low Retail: $455
          Average Retail: $530

          This adds up to:
          Low Retail: $7465
          Average Retail: $9340

          Use the Nada Guides to look up other combos.

          Good luck, for it is a sweet little boat.

          Ron
          SeaKerr
          S. Cal.

          --- schyf <schyf@...> wrote:
          > Actually, searching through the list of emails, the
          > Mac 19 in
          > Colorado is listed here already. Update: it's at
          > www.theanchorage.com
          > brokerage. Waiting to hear from them about
          > shipping. Any advice on
          > the price? They have it listed for almost
          > 12K...this seems steep but
          > then I am a newbie :-)
          >

          > --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "schyf"
          > <schyf@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I'm looking to buy a Macgregor 19 (funny I should
          > be here, eh?).
          > > Does anybody know of any for sale in Canada...or
          > close to the
          > border
          > > at least? I've found a couple of listings but
          > one's in the UK and
          > > the other is in Colorado...as I live in Ontario,
          > both are a bit too
          > > far away for me.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > ~Stephen

        • Stonebrokeretreat

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 26 11:49 AM
              Here's a link to the brokerage

              http://www.svmg.net/cgi-bin/pub-listing.cgi?d=the-anchorage&b=260

              and here's the original link I found for the boat in Colorado (has
              pictures)

              http://www.sailingtexas.com/smacgregor19a.html

              I might be looking at one this weekend in the 1000 islands
              area...keeping my fingers crossed!

              --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "Stonebrokeretreat"
              <stonebrokeretreat@h...> wrote:
              > Where is the Macgregor 19 located in Colorado, that sounds like
              something I might be interested in, being I live in Colorado. I've
              watched the postings but this is my first time at commenting, I have
              a Clipper Marine 21 which I plan to sell soon because it takes two
              people to launch and raise the mask. I also have a Hunter 140 that's
              a little too small for may tastes that I might sell also unless I can
              figure out how to sail it a lot better. They advertise this as a
              family and kids boat but it seems really tender and over powered for
              a fifty year old beginner. If I get anywhere near the mask step or
              try to get something out of the front hatch the boat rolls to the
              gunwale immediately(couldn't have anything to do that I'm almost 200
              pounds). Anyway does anyone have experience on a YJ14 or Hunter
              140? So I'm thinking of getting something in between like a micro
              cruiser or pocket cruiser. ----- Original Message -----

              Service.
            • schyf
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 26 11:51 AM
                I should clarify this...I emailed Dick Hug and he informed me that he
                gave the boat to The Anchorage broker to sell it.

                wrote:
                > Here's a link to the brokerage
                >
                > http://www.svmg.net/cgi-bin/pub-listing.cgi?d=the-anchorage&b=260
                >
                > and here's the original link I found for the boat in Colorado (has
                > pictures)
                >
                > http://www.sailingtexas.com/smacgregor19a.html
                >
                > I might be looking at one this weekend in the 1000 islands
                > area...keeping my fingers crossed!
                >

                > --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "Stonebrokeretreat"
                > <stonebrokeretreat@h...> wrote:
                > > Where is the Macgregor 19 located in Colorado, that sounds like
                > something I might be interested in, being I live in Colorado. I've
                > watched the postings but this is my first time at commenting, I
                have
                > a Clipper Marine 21 which I plan to sell soon because it takes two
                > people to launch and raise the mask. I also have a Hunter 140
                that's
                > a little too small for may tastes that I might sell also unless I
                can
                > figure out how to sail it a lot better. They advertise this as a
                > family and kids boat but it seems really tender and over powered
                for
                > a fifty year old beginner. If I get anywhere near the mask step or
                > try to get something out of the front hatch the boat rolls to the
                > gunwale immediately(couldn't have anything to do that I'm almost
                200
                > pounds). Anyway does anyone have experience on a YJ14 or Hunter
                > 140? So I'm thinking of getting something in between like a micro
                > cruiser or pocket cruiser. ----- Original Message -----

              • Stonebrokeretreat
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 27 6:45 AM
                  Thank you for the information, I'll check it out
                  Steve