RE: [macgregor19sailboats] Re: Looking at a '93

  • Tom Garmon
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2003
      Message
      Glen,

      She looks like a winner from the pictures!  She's got a swim ladder, stern rail, and from the looks of it, all the rigging. The hull damage is minor, cosmetic. The bow is where the fiberglass is the thickest. How are the sails? What you've got on the hubs appears to be what's left of the bearing buddies. Probably need to be replaced. What year is it? Does she come with a motor?

      Tom
      '92 19'
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
        Tom,

        Thanks for the input.  Sails look dirty, looks like they have been left out in the
        pacific northwet (pun intended) for a little too long.

        Yes, a Tohatsu 40 hp.  Is this thing really strong enough to pull a skier or wake boarder?
        I have some more pictures...just beauty shots...that I can post if I get crazy enough to plunk down the cash 'her.

        Glenn

        wrote:
        > Glenn,

        > Good for you! I would like to see the pictures! I have a '92 Mac 19'
        > that I'm doing quite a bit of work to. In my case, her hull and
        trailer
        > are sound, but it was used as a power boat for some time, so I was
        > missing alot of standing/running rigging. I've been piecing together
        > what I need from macgregorparts/BWS/and West Marine. I'll give you
        any
        > help that I can.

        > Tom

        > '92 19'

      • angela michele
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
          --- glenn dubin <giandubin@...> wrote:
          Sails can be washed with warm water, laundry
          detergent, rinsed well. Dirt doesn't make them sail
          slower, might increase eventual wear.
          That motor when it's running right should get it over
          20 mph with the right prop. Don't try that with sails
          up or centerboard down. Read the owners manual on
          line for that boat about safety concerns in extreme or
          imprudent situations Tohatsu is actually lighter than
          an OMC or Merc or 4 cycle and some other units.
          Pulling a water skiier gets easier, assuming the
          above, as you reduce the boat weight, increase the ski
          size and reduce the skiier weight. If the boat's
          overloaded with crew and stuff, without emptying the
          ballast, motor and prop aren't giving maximum output
          and ski area is small with huge skiier, it will be
          tough. Opposite makes it easier. How much are you
          going to offer for the boat? Have someone check it out
          especially motor operation. Physical problems with
          the boat are unusual and easy to fix. Motor repair
          gets expensive. good luck. Mike

          http://sbc.yahoo.com