RE: [macgregor19sailboats] Looking at a '93

  • Tom Garmon
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2003
      Message
      Thanks Angela, I'm at a point now where I think that I have mostly everything that I need. Got a new jib from Minneys, Rudders from Macgregorparts, new mast step from BWY, etc. I'm still waiting for Macgregorparts.com to send me a new pair of steering arms. Dave Field (he now owns macgregorparts.com) told me that they're finally on the way!

      Tom '92 19'
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 24, 2003
        Message
        Glen,

        She looks like a winner from the pictures!  She's got a swim ladder, stern rail, and from the looks of it, all the rigging. The hull damage is minor, cosmetic. The bow is where the fiberglass is the thickest. How are the sails? What you've got on the hubs appears to be what's left of the bearing buddies. Probably need to be replaced. What year is it? Does she come with a motor?

        Tom
        '92 19'
            Thanks in advance for your input, I finally figured out how
        to "upload".  Take a look and let me know what you think.

        Glenn.

        --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Garmon" <tomg@w...>
        wrote:
        > Glenn,

        > Good for you! I would like to see the pictures! I have a '92 Mac 19'
        > that I'm doing quite a bit of work to. In my case, her hull and
        trailer
        > are sound, but it was used as a power boat for some time, so I was
        > missing alot of standing/running rigging. I've been piecing together
        > what I need from macgregorparts/BWS/and West Marine. I'll give you
        any
        > help that I can.

        > Tom

        > '92 19'

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=255131.3358918.4715059.3294649/D=egroupweb/S=17
        05

        065792:HM/A=1627012/R=0/SIG=111br2r2b/*http://www.boatcoversdirect.com

        > click here

        > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
        M=255131.3358918.4715059.3294649/D=egrou
        > pmail/S=:HM/A=1627012/rand=184218294>

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • glenn dubin
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
          Tom,

          Thanks for the input.  Sails look dirty, looks like they have been left out in the
          pacific northwet (pun intended) for a little too long.

          Yes, a Tohatsu 40 hp.  Is this thing really strong enough to pull a skier or wake boarder?
          I have some more pictures...just beauty shots...that I can post if I get crazy enough to plunk down the cash 'her.

          Glenn

          wrote:
          > Glenn,

          > Good for you! I would like to see the pictures! I have a '92 Mac 19'
          > that I'm doing quite a bit of work to. In my case, her hull and
          trailer
          > are sound, but it was used as a power boat for some time, so I was
          > missing alot of standing/running rigging. I've been piecing together
          > what I need from macgregorparts/BWS/and West Marine. I'll give you
          any
          > help that I can.

          > Tom

          > '92 19'

        • angela michele
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
            --- glenn dubin <giandubin@...> wrote:
            Sails can be washed with warm water, laundry
            detergent, rinsed well. Dirt doesn't make them sail
            slower, might increase eventual wear.
            That motor when it's running right should get it over
            20 mph with the right prop. Don't try that with sails
            up or centerboard down. Read the owners manual on
            line for that boat about safety concerns in extreme or
            imprudent situations Tohatsu is actually lighter than
            an OMC or Merc or 4 cycle and some other units.
            Pulling a water skiier gets easier, assuming the
            above, as you reduce the boat weight, increase the ski
            size and reduce the skiier weight. If the boat's
            overloaded with crew and stuff, without emptying the
            ballast, motor and prop aren't giving maximum output
            and ski area is small with huge skiier, it will be
            tough. Opposite makes it easier. How much are you
            going to offer for the boat? Have someone check it out
            especially motor operation. Physical problems with
            the boat are unusual and easy to fix. Motor repair
            gets expensive. good luck. Mike

            http://sbc.yahoo.com