Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Rear Mast Holder Extension

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2005
      In case you ever work on the inside of your boat when
      the mast is down, an extension for the rear mast
      holder makes it easy to get in and out of the boat
      since you can then raise the hatch up all the way.

      I made mine out of some scrap aluminum tubing used for
      boat railings and a short piece of copper pipe. If
      you don't have a pop riveter, screws or epoxy will
      work for fastening the two pieces together. The
      Aluminum tubing is the same OD as the mast holder and
      the copper is a standard size. The length of the
      aluminum I used is 32 ".

      It's not a really sturdy arrangement, so make sure
      it's tied down to the rear cleats in case of a really
      strong wind.

      I'll try to post the photo to our new photo group.
      Good sailing to all, Mike

      http://mail.yahoo.com