RE: [macgregor19sailboats] Looking at a '93

  • Tom Garmon
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 2003
      Message
      Glenn,

      Good for you! I would like to see the pictures! I have a '92 Mac 19' that I'm doing quite a bit of work to. In my case, her hull and trailer are sound, but it was used as a power boat for some time, so I was missing alot of standing/running rigging. I've been piecing together what I need from macgregorparts/BWS/and West Marine. I'll give you any help that I can.

      Tom

      '92 19'
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 2003
        Tom,
        why don't you post a list of missing parts you want.
        Some of our members may have stuff. I'll try to post
        a list of hardware suppliers in our files section
        soon. Sometimes you can get real deals on stuff on
        Ebay. Also there's a list of boat places I need to
        update where you can buy and sell boats and parts. -

        -- Tom Garmon <tomg@...> wrote:
        > Glenn,
        >
        > Good for you! I would like to see the pictures! I
        > have a '92 Mac 19'
        > that I'm doing quite a bit of work to. In my case,
        > her hull and trailer
        > are sound, but it was used as a power boat for some
        > time, so I was
        > missing alot of standing/running rigging. I've been
        > piecing together
        > what I need from macgregorparts/BWS/and West Marine.
        > I'll give you any
        > help that I can.

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Glenn Dubin
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 23, 2003
          Tom,

          Thanks in advance for your input, I finally figured out how
          to "upload". Take a look and let me know what you think.

          Glenn.

          --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Garmon" <tomg@w...>
          wrote:
          > Glenn,
          >
          > Good for you! I would like to see the pictures! I have a '92 Mac 19'
          > that I'm doing quite a bit of work to. In my case, her hull and
          trailer
          > are sound, but it was used as a power boat for some time, so I was
          > missing alot of standing/running rigging. I've been piecing together
          > what I need from macgregorparts/BWS/and West Marine. I'll give you
          any
          > help that I can.
          >
          > Tom
          >
          > '92 19'

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=255131.3358918.4715059.3294649/D=egroupweb/S=17
          05

          065792:HM/A=1627012/R=0/SIG=111br2r2b/*http://www.boatcoversdirect.com

          > click here
          >
          > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
          M=255131.3358918.4715059.3294649/D=egrou
          > pmail/S=:HM/A=1627012/rand=184218294>

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • Tom Garmon
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 24, 2003
            Message
            Thanks Angela, I'm at a point now where I think that I have mostly everything that I need. Got a new jib from Minneys, Rudders from Macgregorparts, new mast step from BWY, etc. I'm still waiting for Macgregorparts.com to send me a new pair of steering arms. Dave Field (he now owns macgregorparts.com) told me that they're finally on the way!

            Tom '92 19'

            -- Tom Garmon <tomg@...> wrote:
            > Glenn,

            > Good for you! I would like to see the pictures! I
            > have a '92 Mac 19'
            > that I'm doing quite a bit of work to. In my case,
            > her hull and trailer
            > are sound, but it was used as a power boat for some
            > time, so I was
            > missing alot of standing/running rigging. I've been
            > piecing together
            > what I need from macgregorparts/BWS/and West Marine.
            > I'll give you any
            > help that I can.

          • Tom Garmon
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 24, 2003
              Message
              Glen,

              She looks like a winner from the pictures!  She's got a swim ladder, stern rail, and from the looks of it, all the rigging. The hull damage is minor, cosmetic. The bow is where the fiberglass is the thickest. How are the sails? What you've got on the hubs appears to be what's left of the bearing buddies. Probably need to be replaced. What year is it? Does she come with a motor?

              Tom
              '92 19'

              wrote:
              > Glenn,

              > Good for you! I would like to see the pictures! I have a '92 Mac 19'
              > that I'm doing quite a bit of work to. In my case, her hull and
              trailer
              > are sound, but it was used as a power boat for some time, so I was
              > missing alot of standing/running rigging. I've been piecing together
              > what I need from macgregorparts/BWS/and West Marine. I'll give you
              any
              > help that I can.

              > Tom

              > '92 19'

            • glenn dubin
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
                Tom,

                Thanks for the input.  Sails look dirty, looks like they have been left out in the
                pacific northwet (pun intended) for a little too long.

                Yes, a Tohatsu 40 hp.  Is this thing really strong enough to pull a skier or wake boarder?
                I have some more pictures...just beauty shots...that I can post if I get crazy enough to plunk down the cash 'her.

                Glenn

                wrote:
                > Glenn,

                > Good for you! I would like to see the pictures! I have a '92 Mac 19'
                > that I'm doing quite a bit of work to. In my case, her hull and
                trailer
                > are sound, but it was used as a power boat for some time, so I was
                > missing alot of standing/running rigging. I've been piecing together
                > what I need from macgregorparts/BWS/and West Marine. I'll give you
                any
                > help that I can.

                > Tom

                > '92 19'

              • angela michele
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
                  --- glenn dubin <giandubin@...> wrote:
                  Sails can be washed with warm water, laundry
                  detergent, rinsed well. Dirt doesn't make them sail
                  slower, might increase eventual wear.
                  That motor when it's running right should get it over
                  20 mph with the right prop. Don't try that with sails
                  up or centerboard down. Read the owners manual on
                  line for that boat about safety concerns in extreme or
                  imprudent situations Tohatsu is actually lighter than
                  an OMC or Merc or 4 cycle and some other units.
                  Pulling a water skiier gets easier, assuming the
                  above, as you reduce the boat weight, increase the ski
                  size and reduce the skiier weight. If the boat's
                  overloaded with crew and stuff, without emptying the
                  ballast, motor and prop aren't giving maximum output
                  and ski area is small with huge skiier, it will be
                  tough. Opposite makes it easier. How much are you
                  going to offer for the boat? Have someone check it out
                  especially motor operation. Physical problems with
                  the boat are unusual and easy to fix. Motor repair
                  gets expensive. good luck. Mike

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com