1474Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Furler or Not

    Jan 29, 2009
      Ken,

      There is an metal pad eye (strap eye) one each side of the cockpit on top of the gunnels (top of the boat).  Install a 2" block into each of these.  For each side, bring a sheet (control line) back from the genoa, outside the shouds, thru the block and back up to the wench.

      I personally like to add a bock to the fairleads (for the normal jib sheets) and take the genoa sheets thru these blocks before going to the winch.

      This all goes much faster if you add swivel snap shackles to each of the blocks.

      I would also suggest putting a stopper knot in each sheet before using.

      Ron

      “Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.”
      Charlotte Bronte from Jane Eyre

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic