1471Re: [macgregor19sailboats] Furler or Not

    Jan 29, 2009
      I think a furler is great but probably a bit of a hassle when rigging and derigging the boat.  In fact I have most of the parts for one which I haven't installed.  I'll go check it and decide if I'm going to use it or sell it.  Check ebay.  Sometimes you can find used furler parts for lots less than new.

      --- On Wed, 1/28/09, Ken Abrahams <kabrahams@...> wrote:
      From: Ken Abrahams <kabrahams@...>
      Subject: [macgregor19sailboats] Furler or Not
      To: macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 10:53 AM

      I am seriously considering adding a CDI FF2 furler to my 19. Probably
      put the Genoa on it. A few questions:

      Do the jib sheets for the genoa go outside the side stays? Mine have
      turning blocks and I am only guessing how to set it up. Will the
      sheets work properly with a furler? Suggestions?

      Do furlers work ok on the 19? What things should I consider?

      Is there plenty of room on the foredeck for the furler drum?

      Anything else?

      Who has the best price on CDI furlers?

      Thanks,
      Ken Abrahams, Lake Charles, La