1031Re: Mac19/26X?

  • kevinmeylor
    Sep 6, 2005
      I found it helped a lot when we installed a 2nd battery -- I put both
      batteries in the most forward access port of the v-berth. Helped
      reduce weather helm, etc. I'd like to add a permenant water tank
      there as well, again keeping the weight forward and low.

      --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "eo_ant" <eric@h...>
      wrote:
      > Ron,
      >
      > The weight in you bow does not sound like it was concentrated as low
      > as possible like a sand bag would be on or under the V berth.
      >
      > Have you tried sailing without water in your ballast tank in light
      > winds? Without water in the ballast tank the motor, fuel, and human
      > ballast in the cockpit becomes a lot bigger portion of the total
      > weight. Having some weight forward helps to balance the fore and aft
      > weight distribution. Having it low helps in the same way filling the
      > ballast tank does.
      >
      > Eric
      >

      > --- In macgregor19sailboats@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Buckles"
      > <ronbuckles@y...> wrote:
      > > We found the v-berth be useless unless you have kids that need a
      > > place to sleep. So we put the v-berth cushions into stoage and
      place
      > > a net across the opening. In went everything: sails, storm gear,
      > > sleeping bags, etc., etc. (See in photos, under 'Ron's SeaKerr'.)
      > > This extra weight helped in the trailering, but I did not realize
      > > that it helped in light wind.
      > >
      > > Ron
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic