QuickTake 100

  • mwilliams@christchurchsavannah.org
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2001
      section = Scanner
      comments = Under Scanners/Camera I downloaded QuickTake 100 (Disks 1) and they did not automatically expand with StuffIt Expander and so I tried a manual expansion. The two files would not expand no matter what I tried, however, my StuffIt Expander has always worked in the past. I am on a Performa running System 8. Any ideas? Thanks. Great site.

      Mark Williams
    • Bhavesh C. Patel
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2001
        Mark,

        After whipping out my Q630, I finally figured out the problem with the QT100 files. My iMac with Stuffit Expander 5.5 had no problems with these files, but on my Q630 with Stuffit Expander 4 the files would choke. As I recall, Stuffit 5.x implemented a new, incompatible compression routine.

        I've recompressed the QT100 files in Stuffit 4.x format so all should be fine now, but I would recommend the free upgrade to the latest 680x0 Stuffit expander.

        cheers,
        Bhavesh

      • The_navy_bugler@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2001
          I have downloaded the files for QuickTake 100 and was able to
          complete the download and the decompression......the only problem is
          that the image file won't do any thing.....the program for the image
          file wile start opening then close just as fast......Or I am suppose
          to use these files differently (,IMG). Thank You.
        • The_navy_bugler@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
            I hope someone can help me with this.....I have downloaded and
            expanded the drivers for QuickTake 100 but I can't seem to open
            the .IMG files I emagine the image files.. The program that opens
            image files in my OS 7.5.2 almost opens but shortly right after
            closes.

            If someone can help that would be greatly appreiciated.

            ThankYou.....

            Michel
          • John McGibney
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
              You need a newer version of the "Disk Copy" application from Apple. go to
              their web site in the download section and search for disk copy. If you
              can't find it I'll send you a copy.

              HTH
              John

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
                --- In macdrivers@y..., John McGibney <nciccheck@y...> wrote:
                > You need a newer version of the "Disk Copy" application from
                Apple. go to
                > their web site in the download section and search for disk copy. If
                you
                > can't find it I'll send you a copy.
                >
                > HTH
                > John

                I just downloaded disk copy....but when installing and trying to run
                it.....it prompts.....disk copy could no update the disk image
                driver. Please unmount all disk images and try again.......Does this
                mean I have to get ride of all image files I got on my computer?
              • John McGibney
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
                  no, just make sure that you are not trying to open a disk image when you try
                  to install the newer version. make sure you delete the older version of disk
                  copy before you try and open any image file. It sounds like your computer is
                  confused and is trying to open the older version. Also delete the pref files
                  for disk copy (disk copy prefs and disk copy log). after you delete
                  everything try and mount another disk image file any one other than the one
                  you originally complained about. If you don't have any download an update
                  from Apples site most files are disk images. it should work then.

                  good luck, feel free to write again.

                  john

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 17, 2004
                    there is a pc version driver  (I know it is not what you are after but most don,t know that it is available)
                  • davidlaska@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 17, 2004
                      maybe using Virtaul PC or the likes of, might make it work on your platform