Hello from Iowa

  • Janette Maranon-Becker
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
      Hi Frank and Val:

      My husband stayed in the Philippines for 9 years before we've decided to move here in Iowa.  I miss Philippines so much.  There's no place like home---- sorry... but I still consider Philippines as my home.  With all the comfort in life here in America, I still prefer my life in the Philippines.

      How many kids do you have?  I have 3 kids, 10, 9 & 8.  Have a great holidays.

      janette

      Frank Rushford <frankzare4u@...> wrote:
      Thank U Janette for allowin' us to join your group. You are a sweetheart.
      My wife, Valeriana [Val], is from Batangas.
      We live in Houston, Texas.
      Val is a school teacher for the 9th grade here.
      I am unemployed at the moment and wishing I could be back at work.
      We are so happy to have met you and we look forward to getting to know each other more.
      I personally want to thank you Janfor teachin' me some words in phillipino, yes, I enjoy learning.

      Janette Marañon-Becker <janmbecker@...> wrote:
      Welcome and thank you for joining!  I thought no one will be
      interested in joining this group.  I started this e-group couple of
      months ago.  From where in the Philippines your wife is?  Are you in
      the Philippine or in the US right now?

      By the way, I am Janette Becker.  This is my 4th year here in
      America.  I work for a financial service firm and also an adjunct
      faculty member of Buenavista Univesity here in Iowa.

      Kumusta na lang to your wife.  What's your wife's name? Again, feel
      free to email me anytime.

      janette

      --- In mabuhay_express@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frankzare4u@y...>
      wrote:
      > thank u for invitin' me to ur group. I am American married to a
      > wonderful filipina lady. We wish to be a part of ur group hope to
      hear
      > from ya soon.

      "EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON..."

    • Frank Rushford
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
        Val wants to know what part of  the Phils. are ya from? Is your husband from there as well?
        Val has three children 1 girl 19, 2 boys 22 and 16. I have a daughter who is 24 and she has a son who is 2.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
          Frank and Val:

          I'm from Davao.  By my last name you can tell that my husband is not a Filipino. He is an American. Both of us used to work for a multinational company back in the Philippines (Butuan) before I moved and work for the the Regional Trial Court in Davao.
          Val--- kailan ka uuwi sa atin?  How long have you been here in the States? What I do really miss is a "real kaibigan" and my "city life".  Wala akong kabarkada dito. And besides, we live in a small town here in Iowa.

          "EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON..."