WF camping update #3

  • Hamilton, Len
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2002
      WF campers,

      I just received the attached e-mail from Steve Blum (CVTC guy) who is trying
      to save us some spots. As you can see, we might be in dire straights. The
      WF website says that nobody will be turned away. I'm hoping to get into
      Redondo Vista with CVTC, but we could end up in overflow sites if it looks
      like it's going to be too crowded. I'll do the best I can when I drive down
      this afternoon and will relay the pertinent details to James. I guess the
      keyword here is flexibility.

      Len

      Len, I don't know what you'll find when you get down there. We had some more
      guys come in last night and this morning. I had to leave about 5:00 this
      morning to come back up to work today, so I'm not down there right now.
      Freddie Leal is in RA12 and Ali Moisey is in RA4, next to where I was parked
      at RA5. It's filling up very fast -- we got the last three spaces in Redondo
      Vista A-loop, and B-loop and C-loop were either filled or reserved. We
      usually take five or six spaces, so things are going to be tight. We did
      stake out some open space adjacent to the sites -- look for yellow "fire
      line" tape. I'll be back down around 8 pm -- hope to see you then!
      Cheers,
      Stephen A. Blum
      President Tellus Venture Associates Monterey Bay Education, Science &
      Technology Center
    • Kennedy, James
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2002
        All,

        I spoke to Len last night reference camping...couple of notes...first, as you come through the gate (where you pay to get in) there is a message board. Len posted the M2T2 camping info on that board with a piece of paper that has the M2T2 logo on it, so should be easy to find if needed. Second, directions, we are in Rhodondo (sp?) Vista Campground area A...I believe it is the first right coming in...anyway, once you turn onto the loop you will see the M2T2 banner and the CVTC banner. We are located with the CVTC. Couple of other notes...Len did not pay for any additional camp spots, so you WILL have to pay for camping as you go through gate...not cheap...Len paid $60 for two nights. Also, Len mentioned for us to keep our camping receipts for potential reimbursement through club. Hope this helps.

        James