MONTEREY MILITARY TRIATHLON TEAM NEWS (12JUN01)

  • dlfrost@nps.navy.mil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2001
      MONTEREY MILITARY TRIATHLON TEAM NEWS (12JUN01)

      NEW CLUB E-MAIL SYSTEM
      Please send your club e-mails to m2t2@yahoogroups.com, instead of the
      old process of "replying to all" off of an old e-mail. I have set up
      an e-group (similar to the old "one-list" that CVTC uses) to help
      send out messages.

      There are advantages and disadvantages to this. The big advantage is
      that you help build (and keep current) the membership list by being a
      member of the e-group. You can choose to receive your messages one-by-
      one, or in a daily digest. New club members can join the e-group on
      their own or the club officers (who are also e-group moderators) can
      add them to the list. Old messages will be archived. Attachments to
      messages will continue to be allowed. Later, I shall add the training
      calendar to the e-group files, so that our non-NPS members can access
      it.

      By virtue of receiving this message, you are already registered
      within the e-group. The e-group's web page is
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/m2t2

      RECAP FROM LAST WEEKEND
      It has been officially reported that numerous menaces to society
      Escaped From Alcatraz two days ago. Among the more notorious
      individuals who allegedly terrorized the Streets of San Francisco
      were Erik McInnis (3h22m52s) and Jim Juster (2h53m00s). Authorities
      request that you approach these two with extreme caution and offer
      them your congratulations.

      I will modestly state that I won the overall at the Berryessa
      Biathlon, but will concede that I had to win it on the strength of
      the bike ride and not the swim.

      LOVER'S POINT KELP FESTIVAL CONTINUES
      The Wednesday late-afternoon (1730) explorations of the kelp beds off
      of Lover's Point continues tomorrow. Wetsuits recommended.

      NEW SWIMMING POOL WORKOUTS
      Starting next Monday (June 18), the Seaside Aquatics team will have
      their A-group workouts on weekday afternoons from 1300-1600 at the
      outdoor pool at Seaside High School. The A-group also will have
      workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1900-2030 (followed by water
      polo from 2030-2230) at the indoor Pattullo Pool in Seaside. The
      Masters swimmers are welcome to the A-group workouts. The schedule
      for the morning workouts at both Pattullo and Carmel High remain
      unchanged.

      NEXT WEEKEND'S EVENTS
      I'm a firm believer of taking the week before finals off from
      athletic competition. However, if you MUST yank yourself away from
      the books for a few moments this weekend, AND you're not going to Pt.
      Mugu for the Armed Forces Triathlon Championship, the Saturday
      Morning Rejects will meet as usual for a bike ride at 0730-0930
      starting at the Del Monte Gate parking lot.

      POKER RIDE

      The CVTC/VCM/M2T2 Poker Bike Ride will be on Saturday, July 28. Duke
      will have forthcoming information about participating (volunteering
      or riding - both are needed from us). Keep this date free on your
      calendar.

      NEXT CLUB MEETING

      There will be NO JUNE MEETING. Best wishes on your finals and enjoy
      your summer break.

      Consequently, July's meeting will be moved forward one week to July
      11. For the NPS students, this is the first Wednesday of the new
      quarter. The August meeting will occur as usual on August 15. See you
      at Glasgow Hall, room 122 at 1700.

      - Frosty